High Atlas Mountains Tour – What’s Required
- Return flights
- Return transfer
- Medical insurance, with repatriation (OBLIGATORY)
- Returnable deposit. 100€ in cash (can be equivalent in £ , $ or dirhams) against bike damage
- Pocket money – for souvenirs, alcohol and soft drinks, etc.
We consider this to be the minimum clothing required on our tours;
- an open-face helmet with a long drop-down visor
- a camelback-type drink system
- a pair of cool sunnies
- a strong cotton long sleeve safari type shirt
- a strong pair of cotton cargo pants
- soft neoprene tactical elbow and knee protectors (over the top of the clothing)
- Timberland style boots with good ankle support, that lace up above the ankle (step-in shoes with elastics are not advisable)
RECOMMENDED CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- T-shirts per day
- Lightweight thermal underwear (just in case)
- Pair of casual shirts for wearing at the hotels
- Pair of trousers/jeans for wearing at the hotels
- Small torch
- Jumper or fleece
- Small medical kit comprising: aspirins/paracetamol – some form of pain killer
- Anti-inflammatory pills/cream
- Lip salve – to avoid chapped lips
- Sun cream
- Rehydration powders.
- Energy/glucose tablets to chew during the days
Desert Rats also carries a large medical box in the support vehicle.
DESERT RATS DOES NOT SUPPLY BIKING GEAR.
MAKE A LASTING IMPACT
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact on the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and bring supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you’ll make a priceless impact on the lives of our local children and families. Please visit the Pack for a Purpose website to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects. Have a look at the local project you could help support.